The World Bank Group celebrates its 20+ years of partnership with Bulgaria with an exhibition of 20+ contemporary artists
SOFIA, November 12, 2012 — During the last two decades Bulgaria has accumulated an intriguing and vibrant art production that follows the pulse, hopes, disillusionment and emotions of a society in change. Bulgarian modern art nowadays speaks the “universal” international language of contemporary art and the World Bank Group is privileged to present a glimpse of it to the general public. At the occasion of 20+ years of partnership with Bulgaria the World Bank team in Bulgaria decided to mark the anniversary with acknowledgment of national culture and spirit.
Thus the “Chances.Choices.Changes” art exhibition was born. What is this exhibition about, how the Bulgarian artists were selected, why the World Bank is dealing with art: answers to these questions will be given at a dedicated press conference scheduled for tomorrow.
WHAT: Press Conference about upcoming opening of the art exhibition “Chances.Choices.Changes”, organized by the World Bank Group in partnership with the Ministry of Finance and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, under the patronage of the President of the Republic of Bulgaria.
WHERE: National Palace of Culture, the South entrance under the Hall number 6
WHEN: Tuesday, November 13, 2012, 11 a.m.
- Marina Galvani, the World Bank’s Art Curator - as art historian and cultural manager she worked in the biggest European museums and US National Gallery of Art
- Maria Vasileva, Guest Curator and Chief Curator of Sofia City Art Gallery
- Philip Zidarov, Guest Curator and Art Critic
- Markus Repnik, World Bank Country Manager for Bulgaria
- Greddy Assa, Project Coordinator and participating artist