My mother's aesthetic judgements are on a different level and her taste is different...At times I come to the conclusion that I must be doing something wrong − if she likes it.
2. What words or phrases do you most overuse?
I think I overuse all the words, as in I wish I talked less.
3. What is the best work of art you ever saw in real life?
I very much liked William Kentridge’s vanishing mural in Rome.
4. What is the weirdest thing someone ever said about your works?
Somebody told me she is thankful for not being blind.
5. What do you consider the most overrated trend in contemporary art?
Abstract expressionism, but not entirely.
6. What is your greatest extravagance?
I am quite happy with the fact that I never had to do any other work besides art.
7. Who would you be, if you weren’t yourself? It can be anyone from the past, the present or the future.
Wan Hu, the mythological aeronautics pioneer who was supposedly lifted by rockets into outerspace. Or maybe it is more likely that I would have been some nobody that no one remembers.